Please note: The second round of consultation for Paddington Green Police Station has now closed. Many thanks to all those who took the time to review the proposals and provided feedback. This consultation website will remain live so the local community can continue to contact us and let us know their thoughts.
Berkeley has identified a fantastic opportunity to deliver much needed private and affordable homes at the former Paddington Green Police Station. The proposals deliver significant public realm improvements, repair a broken streetscape, invest in and transform this incredibly prominent central London crossroads.
Following our initial consultation late last year, we received valuable feedback from the local community. From this, we have heard what local residents currently value and what their hopes are for the scheme. Thank you to all who provided feedback, this has helped shape the revised proposals and the project team are delighted to present the updated scheme for the Paddington Green Police Station.
Berkeley strives to create welcoming and inclusive neighbourhoods with homes of all tenures provided, alongside beautiful landscaped spaces for both residents and the public to enjoy. We believe our plans, which have been shaped by public comments, will transform the site to create thriving spaces for people to live, work, visit and enjoy.
This online consultation has been designed to ensure that the local community can be updated on our proposals and have their say before we submit a planning application in March 2021.
Find out more about our initial plans by viewing our digital exhibition boards below.
As part of our consultation on the updated proposals, we hosted two live webinars where the project team presented the proposals and the local community had the opportunity to ask questions. We held the first webinar on 25th February and the second on 3rd March.
Both recording of this can be watched below.
Feedback from the initial consultation has made a valuable contribution to towards shaping our final proposals. As a result of the initial feedback we recieved the following elements of the proposals have been updated:
Our vision for Paddington Green Police Station will provide:
• 555 New private and affordable homes (38% affordable on-site)
• A new community facility with 3,000sqft of affordable workspace
• Roof gardens for all residents
• 10,000sqft of flexible commercial space and 40,000sqft of office space creating over 450 new jobs
• Deliver substantial public realm improvements for the area and improve the pedestrian network
• Create a green corridor through Newcastle Place
• Car free scheme
• Architecture designed to regenerate and enhance the site
• A landscape-led scheme, significantly increasing biodiversity and promoting carbon reduction
• Investment of over £17m in CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) and S106 contributions
Combined the West End Gate masterplan will deliver:
• Completion of the masterplan and original vision
• Circa 1,390 homes in total
• Over 385 affordable homes on-site in the masterplan
• Vibrant ground floor uses with new restaurants and shops
• Improved public realm with a new Newcastle Place connection through to Paddington Green
• Provision of over 500 permanent jobs
We would welcome your feedback and comments on the revised proposals. Once you have had the chance to read through all of the information on this website, please have your say by clicking below and completing our surveys.
Alternatively you can provide feedback by emailing email@example.com or calling our freephone number 0800 193 1869
We are keen to understand your views on the initial proposals to redevelop the Paddington Green Police station. Once you have had the chance to read through all of the information on this website, please have your say by clicking below and completing our surveys.
Alternatively you can e-mail any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or call freephone 0800 193 1869